This Rowenta DW2070 under review is a blue iron with white color combination and has a sleek look. Basically, it is one of the Effective Comfort models and is quite a popular unit with its more affordable selling price. The DW2070 is certainly one of the lower end Rowenta irons but features-wise, it has enough to make your chore a little easier.
Rowenta DW2070 Review
The features of the Rowenta DW2070 consist of the following:
- Stainless steel soleplate
- Variable steam
- Vertical steam
- Shot of steam
- Precision tip
- Thumb rest
- 3-way auto shut-off
- Size: 11″ (L) x 6″ (H) x 4.75″ (W)
==> Check Price
This iron has a polished, scratch-resistant stainless steel soleplate with 300 micro steam vents all around it, including near the tip and heel. There are also vents right in the center so that steam can be distributed evenly while you iron to get rid of the wrinkles easier. The rounded soleplate also helps to prevent snags and more creases from forming while the precision tip is great when maneuvering tricky spots like around buttons and pleats.
To prevent accidents, the iron will automatically shut off in 8 minutes when it detects no movement. On its side and soleplate, it shuts off in half a minute. The temperature dial is under the handle and there are 6 fabric settings for you to choose from. The variable steam control is a lever at the front of the iron’s handle. 2 buttons, a spray mist and shot of steam, are within your thumb’s reach while ironing.
The self-cleaning function will help you to flush out mineral deposits from the steam chamber. Together with the anti-calc feature, they will help to prolong the life of the appliance. The Rowenta DW2070 has a cord length of 7 feet and weighs 3.5 lbs. The water tank can take in a maximum of 8.45 ounces of water. Regular tap water can be used with the DW2070.
Rowenta DW2070 Vs DW2090
The DW2070 is very similar to the Rowenta DW2090. The former is cheaper and at times, it can be up to $10 difference on Amazon but it doesn’t have a retractable cord like the DW2090 does. But it is a 1600-watt iron compared to the DW2090 which is a 1500-watt unit. The color of the body is also different between the two models but other than these few features, there is really little to separate the two apart.
Should You Buy The Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort Iron?
- Price – There are not many Rowenta irons that sell for less than $50 and the DW2070 is one of the few. So, if you like this brand for your iron but are not willing to pay so much, this is one of the options. Comparatively, other popular Rowenta irons like the DW5080 Focus and DW8080 Pro Master are selling for about $70 and $90 respectively at the time of review.
- Performs well – The 300 micro steam holes do help with the steam distribution for better and faster results. No other fancy features for it to compete with its higher end counterparts but still many buyers are happy with its performance as it glides well with the polished soleplate and ample steam output. It is definitely better than those $20 irons like the Sunbeam Classic GCSBBV-395-000 as wrinkles are fairly easy to remove.
- Pointy tip – Many other irons of different brands have pointed tips but none would boast of a precision tip. The narrower top helps with the tricky areas much better than the usual irons can.
- Durability complaints – The unit leaks and this issue has been raised repeatedly by customers. While not everyone encounters this problem, the frequency of complaints are on the high side with the issues ranging from the iron breaking down after a short period of time to the steam function not working properly.
- Cord length – The 7-foot cord seems a little short if compared to those that are over 10 feet in length. If you are not ironing anywhere near a power point, you might well need an extension cord for this iron. Even the cheaper T Fal FV4476 Ultraglide has a 9-foot cord as comparison.
- Manufacturing location – While the brand is German, the manufacturing location is in China. Although not all Chinese-made products are inferior, suspicions about its quality may be a deal breaker for some.
So, can the Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort steam iron be an everyday iron for the home? Yes, it does work well enough to qualify as a family iron. But no, there is nothing spectacular about this model either. There are no surprises there. So, judging from the hundreds of customer reviews, there is nothing to convince us that it is a value for money buy, unlike say, the Black & Decker F67E Classic.
Free Shipping For The Rowenta DW2070? Find Out Now:
Furthermore, the number of complaints that we have come across make us a little skeptical about this model and the DW2090. That is why, we don’t recommend the latter but because the DW2070 is cheaper without the retractable cord, the risk is more palatable in our opinion. The features are there to make this an everyday iron. It is only the risk of ending up with a defective unit that is the problem. Whether the risk is acceptable given the price is a choice for you to make.