The T Fal Prima packs quite a few features for a $20 iron. It kinds of surprise us at first glance of the product description because most clothes irons in these price range would be missing one or more of these features. But does that make the T Fal FV3756 one of the best steam irons out there? We will have to check it out further in this review.
T Fal Prima FV3756 Review
The T Fal FV3756 is a replacement for the FV3056. The features of the T Fal Prima FV3756 include the following:
- Nonstick PTFE soleplate
- Burst of steam
- Vertical steam
- Water spray
- 3-way auto shut-off
- Size: 11.5″ by 5″ by 5.8″
==> Check Price
The T Fal Prima uses a nonstick PTFE coating that has scratch-resistant properties for its soleplate. It should glide easily across your garments as you iron. On the soleplate are 22 large steam vents and 10 smaller ones which are arranged neatly along the sides with a concentration towards the upper central half of the plate. 25 gram/minute of continuous steam and 60 gram/minute of steam burst are part of the features of the T Fal FV3756.
The variable steam switch is at the top front end of the iron and you can choose from dry, low and high. Next to it on the lower end is the covered water inlet. The steam surge and water spray buttons are next to the handle. A temperature dial and indicator light are located above the tank. The light will go off once the temperature chosen has been reached.
The T Fal Prima FV3756 has a cord length of 9 feet and a water capacity of 10 ounces. You can use tap water with the iron if the water in your area is not too hard. But you have to use the self-cleaning function regularly to clean the steam chamber. You will also have to clean the anti-calc valve to maintain the performance of the iron. Once a month cleaning is recommended for features.
Should You Buy The T Fal FV3756?
- Great features – The features found on the T Fal FV3756 are comparable to the more expensive irons. Steam blast, water spray, self-cleaning and anti-calc system are rarely found together in a cheap iron. For example, the similarly priced Black & Decker IR03V also has a steam blast and water spray function but it lacks the anti-calc to filter impurities. The popular Panasonic NI-E200T even lacks a steam surge button for that extra boost of steam.
- Price – This iron costs about $22 on Amazon when we were writing up this review. It is indeed one of the cheapest T Fal irons in the market.
- Quick heat up – The iron heats up in a minute and and it gets hot enough with sufficient steam to erase out wrinkles on most clothing.
- Dark water tank casing – This seems to be a common complaint for T Fal irons. The tank color is too dark making it hard to see the water level. You will get the same complaint with the T Fal FV4446 and T Fal FV4476.
- Nonstick does not work well – The soleplate seems to cause a few users difficulty because it tends to stick and drag on certain type of materials like blended fabrics. It is not as slick as a polished stainless steel iron and ironing in a hurry might be a little troublesome with this soleplate.
The T Fal Prima FV3756 certainly comes loaded with features for the price. As such, we like it because the necessities are there such as the anti-calc, 3-way auto shut-off and steam blast function.
Free Shipping For The T Fal Prima FV3756? Don’t Miss Out:
However, it is not an iron that will give you anything extra. It works well enough but don’t expect it to give you flawless results for tricky fabrics like linen. You will need to work the iron harder on thicker materials by applying more pressure with your hands. It would not work like the Rowenta DG5030 steam station whereby the amount of steam just makes the iron glides effortlessly on any kind of fabric and dissolves wrinkles.
You get what you pay for and for the T Fal FV3756, it is worth a buy for the features given the price. Just don’t expect it to perform like a $80 Rowenta iron and you should be happy with this iron.