The Panasonic NI-E200T is one of the best selling steam irons on Amazon and its price is certainly one of the considerations. Cheap and coming from a reputable brand, its design also makes people sit up and take notice when they are shopping for an iron. In this review, we will take a look at this U-shape titanium soleplate iron in detail.
Panasonic NI-E200T Review
The features of the Panasonic NI-E200T are:
- Nonstick titanium soleplate
- Spray mist
- Adjustable steam
- 360-degree rotating cord
- Size: 5.5″ (Height) x 4.5″ (Width) x 10.1″ (Depth)
==> Check Price
The NI-E200T is very similar to the Panasonic NI-E300TR and NI-E650TR. They all have the same type of soleplate and even the size of the iron is the same. But the prices are different and the NI-E200T is the cheapest of the lot. This is because it is missing a few features and it is a rather basic iron with the just the bare necessities.
As mentioned, the soleplate is a titanium soleplate with a nonstick coating. It has a U-shape design so that the pressure can be concentrated in the center of the iron and not the tip for more efficient ironing without the fabric bunching up in the process. The curved shape also helps in the steam circulation. Steam vents are found along the sides of the soleplate (except the rounded bottom) with a switch to control the steam output located at the top near the handle. The switch has a dry, low and high setting.
The dial temperature control lets you choose among 5 fabric settings. The Panasonic NI-E200T has a 8-foot 360-degree rotating cord. The water tank can hold 7 ounces of water and is light blue in color with a see through design.
Should You Buy The Panasonic NI-E200T U-Shape Iron?
- Low price – For about $20, you can get the Panasonic NI-E200T while the other similar model, the NI-E300TR, costs about $25 more. The NI-E200T is definitely one of Panasonic’s cheapest irons.
- Good reviews – You normally would not expect a cheap iron to get tons of positive reviews from customers. But the NI-E200T has attracted a lot of satisfied buyers and is highly ranked on Amazon, outperforming the similar priced Sunbeam Classic and giving the Black & Decker F67E a good run for the money.
- Works well – The iron performs well for the price. It heats up fast within one to two minutes and does not stick to fabrics. Complaints of leaks do exist but are few in number. It is hot enough with sufficient steam to get most jobs done.
- No auto shut off – If you always forget to turn off your iron at the end of your chore, the Panasonic NI-E200T is not for you. There is no auto-off function with this model which is the main drawback for most users.
- Other missing features – Apart from the auto shut off, the differences between the NI-E200T and NI-E650TR include the lack of a retractable cord, self-cleaning, anti-calcium, burst of steam and vertical steaming feature. So, it is a very basic iron that we have here, less than what you would normally find in the best $50 irons.
- Not hot enough – This model is also not a super hot iron like the 1800-watt Rowenta DW9080. You might need to apply more pressure and time to get rid of stubborn wrinkles by pressing down harder on the iron.
We like the Panasonic NI-E200T because it is cheap and has much fewer complaints of leaks and drips than what you would typically find in irons of similar price points. This is far from being a superb iron but it will do for most household jobs. You will need to take a bit more time for thicker clothing or very dry and wrinkled items to get acceptable (not perfect) results, but for a $20 iron, we think it is good enough for the price.
Free Shipping For The Panasonic NI-E2ooT? Find Out Now:
The only two reasons that we think could be a deal breaker here is the lack of a auto-off and self-cleaning/steam jet feature. If you are used to having these two features, then obviously this is not the iron to buy. But if you can live without them, then the price makes the Panasonic NI-E200T U-Shape iron an attractive choice.