The ironing board has been around for a long time. They all tend to look the same and designed to work the same way. Probably the only difference that matters is the sturdiness of the board. The best ironing boards will have better quality materials used in the construction of its frame to make it more stable and sturdy. But then, comes the Flippr. It is a total redesign of the ironing board which is refreshing for an item that has remained largely unchanged for a long time. The Flippr ironing board review below will explain the design in further detail.
Flippr Ironing Board Review – What’s New?
The features include:
- 360-degree rotating board
- Adjustable height
- Torso shape
- Iron rack
- Pant clips
- Detachable detail board
- Removable cover
- Foldable for storage
==> Check Price
What is new about the Flippr ironing board compared to the traditional models is the rotating feature. Basically, you just flip the board over which means both sides of it are usable. What this does is to save time on ironing as you don’t have to adjust your shirt as you iron the front and back. With the Flippr, you slide a buttoned shirt over the ironing board. After ironing the front, you can then flip the board over to iron the back.
This convenience brings it to its other feature which is the shape of the board. The Flippr ironing board has a torso shape to make it easy to slide a buttoned shirt over it. As it mimics the shape of a human torso, it also fits a shirt better than a traditional ironing board.
Other features are pretty standard. It has an adjustable height with up to 8 settings. Thus, people with varying heights can use it with ease. The end of the board has a detachable iron rack. Pant clips are also built-in to secure the hems. This helps to stretch the pants to lay it flat for ironing. There is also a hidden detail board for sleeves which you can pull out from the top corner.
The Flippr ironing board weighs about 12 lbs. The board is 40 inches long and 20 inches at the widest point.The board is padded with a cover provided. The cover is removable for cleaning.
Should You Buy The Flippr Ironing Board?
- Saves time – The rotating feature makes it easy to iron both front and back without needing to re-arrange the shirt. This means you can save time ironing compared to using a traditional ironing board. In fact, the manufacturer has claimed you can save up to 80% of your ironing time with the Flippr.
- Easy to store – The board folds flat and you can then drag it away to store behind the door or any small space.
- Variable height settings – With 8 height settings, you can even iron while sitting down. This flexibility means different people in the household can use it, even those who have health issues and can’t stand for long.
- Pant clips – Not many ironing board has pant clips built-in to secure and stretch the material flat for you. This makes it easier to set the crease lines and get the crisp look.
- Expensive – At the time of this Flippr ironing board review, it is selling for over $100 by major online retailers. But you can get a Homz ironing board (depending on the model) for less than half the amount that you would need to pay for the Flippr. While a Branbantia ironing board may cost about the same, it has a very good rating from buyers with a solid reputation for sturdiness. However, the same cannot be said for the Flippr at this stage.
- Flimsy – Some buyers have complained that the ironing board is flimsy with parts breaking off. The legs are not too stable and a few users have had the board collapsing while ironing.
- Takes getting used to – The concept is new and it will take some time before you can get used to a double-sided ironing board. In fact, if you are not careful, you can drop your iron while trying to slip the board over.
- Doesn’t make ironing any easier – Some people don’t find the redesign to be helpful in saving their ironing time. You have to button up the shirt and slide it over which takes a bit of time. Depending on the size of your shirt, the armpit area and the side seams also may not get properly ironed unless you re-position it like you do for a traditional ironing board.
- Short – The board measures 40 inches long which is a bit short compared to the more standard 49 inches board. It may not matter much if you only iron shirts but if you have a lot of pants to iron, the Flippr may not be the best choice.
In conclusion, the Flippr ironing board review above has shown that its rotating feature is useful but not perfect. Whether you should buy it or not will depend on your ironing style and preference. If you are fussy and want every part of your clothes to be properly ironed, it may not save that much of your ironing time. But if you are comfortable with just getting out the wrinkles on the front and the back of your shirt without worrying too much about the sides, it may work for you.
Free Shipping For The Flippr? Don’t Miss Out:
At the end of the day, the cost is justifiable only if it saves you a considerable amount of time. If you are fussy about getting every inch of your shirt ironed, you are better off investing in a Brabantia which can last you a long time. If you are not and can live with a few wrinkles around the armpit and sides, then go for the Flippr for a chance to experience a redesigned ironing board for a change.